Monday, July 25, 2011

Enzian Theater in Maitland

Enzian
The entrance to the Enzian Theater in Maitland

Cost: $8.00 for a student ticket + $1.25 processing fee online (you don't have to buy online). $10.00 for adults, $8.00 for seniors/students, and $7.50 for "members."

What's Included: Admission to one of the theater's movies. The theater also has a bar/restaurant you can order food from, but it costs extra.


Review: I love all sorts of movies, and the Enzian theater in Maitland definitely plays all sorts of movies. I went to see a movie called "Submarine." The building is very inviting from the outside. There is a fountain and patio area which chairs, umbrellas, and an outside bar. There are plenty of trees and it's very shaded. I had already bought my ticket online, since I had never been here and didn't know if shows often sell out (I still don't know, this one didn't). There was a very small lobby inside, and I got in line for the staff to open the doors. I was the third person in line.

Once the doors opened, I had my choice of seat. The theater had 3 levels of seating, all with comfy-looking chairs and tables. I asked a waitress where the best seats were, and at her suggestion took a seat on the 2nd level in the front row. The bottom level had some couches that I really wanted to sit on, but I think you would really have to crane your neck. Each table had a menu already on it. Within a few minutes a waitress came and asked what I wanted. I wasn't hungry, but all the food sounded very good (but expensive - eat before you come!). The lights dimmed promptly at 6:30. The waitresses managed to get everyone their food quickly and quietly. The audience was respectful and didn't make much noise at all.

Overall: I will definitely come back. Make sure to check their website for all the different showings and events they have - some are free, some are discounted, and some are outside! They show a variety of movies and you are sure to find you one like.

Website: http://www.enzian.org/

Theater 1
The bottom level in front of me with comfy chairs and couches

Seats and tables behind me on the second level

No comments:

Post a Comment